I already have more than half a dozen stories posted to the community (including at least one naughty scene that hasn't been posted before IIRC), and we'd love to have you join us. Others have also posted their dark and/or smutty fics (including a brand-new one from sariasprincy !).
... but we really need you to write *something* that confirms you've reached the age of majority in your profile (at least 18+) before we can approve you.
<3 Thank you!
(PS: Yes, that's me in my profile pic.)
Since FF.net isn't showing my links on my profile (not sure why it shows my Twitter, but none of my other sites?), posting here:
- My LJ, http://beyondthemoor.livejournal.com
- My DA, http://moor-moor.deviantart.com/
- My AFF, http://anime.adultfanfiction.net/
- My DreamWidth, http://moor.dreamwidth.org/
- *My Twitter, http://twitter.com/beyondthemoor
- My AO3, http://archiveofourown.org/users/moor/
- My personal / writing tumblr: http://beyondthemoor.tumblr.com/
- GWNI (Girls' Writing Night In) tumblr, w/ uchiha.s: http://gwni.tumblr.com/
- My "Forest Fire II" Pinterest / muse board: https://www.pinterest.com/beyondthemoor/
Twitter's updated the most frequently. :)
Very much. While home, I did get to edit/post a few old stories to ff.net; yay!
However, my kids (mostly my youngest) were fussy. Despite getting them out to activities and exhibits and for bike rides daily, they were unhappy. #1 son in particular spent most of his March Break disappointed for one reason or another. (I think he missed his friends from school. I tried to call a few up to invite them over to play, but unfortunately didn't get calls back. I felt so bad for him.)
So, after a long week with the kids, I have posted the next chapter of FF II to ff.net & AO3 early in honour of Sakura's birthday this week.
Because right now, I need some love. XD
Now heading to the medicine cabinet to see if we have any acetaminophen to deal with this headache. Too many tantrums, too much ingratitude, too much whining this week. *sigh*
*years since I had a vacation: 15+*
I'm checking with enemyoftheheir to see if she wants her shorts posted, too--for now, all the prompts are there, and my stories (the answers to the prompts) are posted. ;)
Yes, this is what we do to egg each other on. XD Over the internet and across borders.
If you have suggestions for prompts, we're more than happy to add them to our lists; new challenges are always welcome. :)
Otherwise, I must leave you for now; I've been out w/ the kids all day with activities (hiking, biking, walking, playing with clay, visiting the library) for March Break, and I must get a start on supper. Have a great evening!
This past week I:
- attended an Executive Night dinner & speaker (400+ people, decent food, awesome new people to meet, and a fantastic, inspiring speaker. And I got to chat Scottish history with someone totally out of the blue, which sealed the deal for an awesome night)
- attended my first Passion Party! A friend of mine is a Passion Party consultant, and at the suggestion of a friend (nikolita), I asked if I could join a party sometime soon to get an idea of how they ran. So, you can all thank nikolita (and my friend Candace) for introducing me to the fun that is Passion Parties, and for the resulting forthcoming scenes in "Forest Fire II". You're welcome.
- volunteered with my son's kindergarten class. I volunteered usually 2 mornings/month (as much as I could spare, given my work schedule), and love going in to help out with different activities, hanging out with the kids, seeing how they interact. I've decided not to continue this after March Break (after this week), for a few reasons, but really enjoyed being with the kids. I had a good time. My husband even came to join me there to help out, 2 weeks ago, which was really special. I guess not many dads get to come in to volunteer. It was a fun time. The kids rushed him. XD You could see it in their eyes, how bright they got, with the, 'There's a DAD here!!!!!"-look. Kindie-swarming, gotta love it. XD
- working out. I wake up around 5-5:15am at least 3 times a week to hit the gym, and the remaining days of the week I sleep in until around 6am before going for a run. I like working out. It feels good. It also helps me manage stress, anxiety, depression (mostly on top of this one, since I work hard to avoid triggers), and my PTSD. <3 exercise. This week I started overhauling my bike so I can ride it again this summer, hopefully more actively, so I rely less on my car. I'm kind of leaning towards getting a little trailer for it so I can bring picnic gear with us for longer rides. That would cost $, though, and we don't have a whole lot of that to go around.
- I love driving and race my car at the track. Due to finances/timing (ugh, I actually paid for a track day and ended up having to cancel b/c it was right after my hubby's surgery), I wasn't able to make it out to the track last summer. We'll see if it happens this summer. I really enjoy it, and fine driving is an acquired taste and a challenging skill. I take pride in mine and in my car.
- practiced guitar. I have recently started teaching my kids a bit of guitar. They enjoy it. I enjoy it. I'm not very good at it, but I enjoy it. I'm okay with the fact I'm not good at it; music is something I play with.
- talking with friends. Especially enemyoftheheir, who keeps me sane and is my brother-from-another-mother, but with boobs. :P Nothing is sacred in our convos, nothing.
- also relating to enemyoftheheir, GWNI. GWNI=Girls' Writing Night In. This started as a writing exercise for the two of us to hang out & write together, online. (Since we live in different countries and all). Basically, we both come up with a bunch of prompts, then at a designated time, we share them with each other and get to choose a prompt each, the timer goes off, and we write for 15-30 minutes. Then share with each other. Squee! Then choose another prompt, set the timer again, and write! Then 15-30 minutes later (depending on how we're doing--sometimes we'll extend the timer if we both find we're on a roll), share again. Depending on how much time we have, we'll do a few rounds of this. It's spontaneous, it's intense, it's fun, and it really gets the muse going. It's also ridiculously competitive. XD And since we know we're writing for each other, we'll hit each other's kinks hard. It's wonderful. It also gets quite silly. We may set up a tumblr for some of these stories, at some point. They're awesome fun.
- having fun with my kids. I love my kids. They're the best part of my day. It can be really trying, being a mom, but I've tried to raise my kids with my sense of humour. Sometimes I force us all outside, on our bikes; or out for a hike; or my kids will request we all sit down to play boardgames together (often during bad weather). I try to get us outside as much as possible. I love this. I love them. They are my life.
I do try to write as often as I can; I need it. I also need to live. :) Other people rely on me, too.
- wake up at 7, 8, 9, 9:30, 10:17am give up b/c I can't ignore the kids' arguing any longer
- bake cookies
- make lunch
- pack snacks for road trip
- pack bags for trip
- send everyone (hubby + kids) the heck out to Toronto for the day b/c I have s* to do!
- do laundry
- shower (brush teeth in shower b/c it saves time)
- eat ??
- run errands at 4 different places across 3 cities (go-go-Gadget-Civic!)
- pout b/c I can't get the supper I wanted (*shakes fist at resto being closed on Sunday*)
- go home
- eat / do online chores
- fix bike
- do more laundry
- test bike (death-free, good enough)
- tidy toys
- look for missing toys
- pack away winter blankets
- tidy basement storage for toy storage
- fix more things
- kids + hubby arrive safely home, get the kids to bed (10:45pm at this point)
- put away groceries hubby brought home
- catch up w/ hubby on his day-trip w/ the kids (apparently #1 son got lost at the ROM today & security had to be called in to search & help retrieve him)
- sit down, drink a glass of water
Currently: 11:46pm. *Now* is officially when *my free time* starts, AKA: When I get to write. This is what being a mom + being a writer is like. During the week I have a job to go to, too.
This is why I update monthly. ;)
But I do update.
- Forest Fire 1.5 posted! (Itachi / Sakura)
- Tipsy 3: Forget posted! (Madara / Sakura)
- Hallowcinogenics (ch 1-6, complete) posted! (Sirius / Hermione)
Also, these were cross-posted to FF.net *and* AO3 (Archive of our Own), so hopefully they're more readily available to those who'd like to read them.
Yesterday I also started posting another HP-fic:
- Joy in Small Places (Severus / Hermione)
That one is longer (80+ pages), and still under construction but nearly done. I intend to update it monthly, if possible, as I finish writing the end. It's actually the first HP-fic I wrote; however, as I finished "Hallowcinogenics" first, I posted it over the holidays. "JISP" is far darker than my usual writing. Warnings abound.
Also in the works:
- Forest Fire II (Itachi / Sakura / Sasuke)
- birthday story for a friend of mine (surprise!)
FF II: This one has reached 112+ pages, and is still going. It's a bit of a beast. I now have two betas helping me, though, and hopefully we'll wrangle it into something publishable by Itachi's (June 9) or Sasuke's (July 23) birthday. If you have questions, I'm happy to answer what I can!
Birthday story: Shhhhh! It's due February 2nd. I'm about a dozen pages in and *desperate* to write this one up to share with enemyoftheheir on LJ. XD DAMNIT! I'm terrible at keeping secrets. :__;
Anyway, otherwise things are good! I'm excited: my car payments finish this year~! I can't wait to have almost $400 more a month to save. Hubby's trying to convince me to put it away to save up for a trip. (I hate to tell him, but if I'm putting $ away for a trip, it'll be to somewhere I can go on an adventure by my lonesome, hahahah!) I think it should go towards the mortgage, the kids' RESP, and my RRSP. I know. I'm no fun. :P
Oh, things with PC (Pampered Chef--side-gig) are moving along. :) Picked up a stone for us for pizzas--even my hubby loves it, and that's saying something. It's getting a lot of use right now. <3
I hope all is well with all of you, and I hope we get some interest in the saiunpornium (on LJ) fic exchange for Valentines Day.
Have a great week! And if you're looking for the stories I publish, they can be found here:
- FF.NET: https://www.fanfiction.net/~moor
- AO3: http://archiveofourown.org/users/moor/
Well, for starters, my time management is at an all-time high! ;)
- spent the summer on the coast w/ my family
- drove across Canada w/ the kids in my little Civic... on my own. The GPS kamikaze'd itself dramatically midway through the wilds of Québec. Oh, to return to the glory of paper maps when you're the only driver/navigator in the vehicle. XD
- I started a new job! :D I love it. M-Th, 9:30-2:30. I am home w/ my kids more often, and volunteer on Fridays.
- I joined the local Santa Claus Parade again this year!
- My husband's surgery went well in Sept, and while I had a very busy Sept/Oct helping rehabilitate, dress, bathe, feed, etc., him while still looking after the kids/working/doing all the driving/shopping, things have evened out again for November.
- I decided against doing NaNo this year b/c after assisting my husband/being a 'single' parent for Sept/Oct, I really needed a break
- I've started going to a gym again and feel much better about myself
- I am writing again. Writing 'fic, writing original fiction, and really enjoying myself
- Compared to the 'me' of last year, I am practically a 'social monster' as I joke w/ my kids. :) I actively reach out to friends now to hang out, catch up, etc.
- I've figured out a number of things, and am so much happier, now.
- I didn't make it out to the track day in October (exhaustion was pretty severe), but who knows what the spring will bring?
- Money is tight as Hell, since my new job is paying me about 1/4 of what I used to earn... but overall I can say we've never been happier.
- If you are interested in reading anything I'm currently working on, please let me know. I keep my work on a Google Drive now and can easily share links to specific documents. I have HP, Naruto, and other fanfic on the go, as well as a number of original stories, too. : ) Humour remains a strong suit, so there's plenty of it around.
I'll try and update this more frequently going forward. Thank you for the reminder, annalisemarie99! ;)
Hopefully I'll have a new space set up here at home, soon, and will have a proper writing schedule again. If I have a chance, I'll try and make up a table with all the different stories in progress, and what their progress is. (Planning, writing, editing, posting, complete). I have started porting my stories over from Aff.net and ff.net to ao3.org, too, to collect everything together under one 'roof', so to speak.
I miss the studio. But hubby has said he's taking time off work over the holidays to help me fix up the office here to make it into a new 'studio' for me.
He said this years ago, and promised at the beginning of the summer it would be done. It wasn't. Autumn hit, and I dragged the spare bed & extra furniture out myself, on my own, to at least get started on it. We'll see what the holidays bring.
It could mean a significant blaze in the fireplace, if I get tired of sorting everyone else's papers again.
... it only took him 3.5 months and me getting down on my bad knee for him to get to it, apparently.
(Welcome to 'moor's bitterness night')(Normally I'm a lot better than this, it's just seeing the elliptical in rough shape that put me over my edge. Hopefully that is resolved, now.)
A day at a time, a day at a time...
History/Explanation: Late summer/early fall this year, my FIL & husband decided to open up a wall in the basement to check for possible leakage & water damage since we'd had mild flooding in our area.
But see, they didn't think to move my $4,500+ elliptical out of the way first. In spite of me clearing the way in front of it (it has wheels so it can moved), or even putting a tarp or blanket over it. And me asking them, repeatedly, to be careful with it, and me reminding them that I didn't want a mess to clean up again like I'd had to the last few times they'd 'helped' or 'fixed' things.
Fast Forward: The elliptical is covered in dust, inside and out, there are globs of 'compound' (used to patch up walls) all over it, the handlebars have chunks & gobs of *something* on them I can't identify, and I am losing my f*ing s* because they've effectively ruined MY $4,500 piece of equipment. And the floor? Can't find it. It's covered in construction stuff.
This is after my FIL ruined the paintjob on my brand-new car several years ago, btw.
So, yeah, deep breaths. I started cleaning it off tonight. It has taken me this long to calm down enough to go clean it. Because they didn't.
Deep breaths, jaw clenched, and me being relieved of charitable thoughts towards them for a good, long time. Because this isn't in the nature of forgivable. Unless they show up with $5,000.00 CDN in hand and an apology letter. My savings went into that machine, to help me with my heart. Now I'm having to put out more out of pocket, for a f*ing gym membership--to go use ellipticals.
Deep breaths. Lots of deep breaths.
Er, long time, eh?
A quick update:
- after much harassment from my supervisor (and her supervisor) after I reported them for inappropriate conduct (including illegal activity) at work, I left my job at the end of August 2013.
- I have been blacklisted by most local financial institutions, and have spent the last 4 months unemployed.
- luckily, my application to the government for financial support was approved (after 3.5 months), so we do have a small amount of money coming in to help us get through the worst of the winter.
- no, things don't look good, employment-wise
- I spend all my time searching for a new job that isn't financial- or customer service-related
- I was writing up until about November 2013, when things became too busy for me to continue
- I am hoping to write more again soon
- I am trying to fit more physical activity into my life again, since I could really do with an energy boost. ;)
- I am very grateful I got to spend the holidays with my kids for the first time (even if we were stuck inside due to the ice storm, then the crazy freezing temperatures)
- I am considering taking up knitting again, and am hoping to get my kids into it with me. :) (I'll be re-starting from beginner level, and have set up a profile on ravelry.com to look for simple, neat, useful things to make)
- I am still reading a fair bit, when I can
- I am lucky to have been able to volunteer a bit in various places during autumn, and am hoping to be able to continue :) It makes me feel happy/good
That's about it for me! Perhaps more later. :)
Happy December ^_^
Congrats to all who finished NaNo--including those who didn't meet the word count but went Hell for Leather for it anyway! :D We rock!
(I snuck in just under the gun on Nov 30 -- and wrote 15K words that day. I thought I was going to cry from anxiety. Thank goodness I had that day off work.) XD *total cheater* Tho' I did need to take a break from the office anyway and had booked the time off in advance.
If anyone is checking in here or following me for updates on "Merits", I mentioned on Twitter that updates would be coming every two weeks or so (to the best of my ability). I pushed hard to get weekly update out for you in November through the Grace of NaNo; my husband needs me back in action at home to help w/ the kids now that the holidays are upon us. ;)
There will not be an update tomorrow for "Merits", however there should be updates on:
- December 14 (Ch 47)
- December 28 (Ch 48)
New Year update schedule forthcoming; I'm waiting to hear back from work about what's happening to our office schedule there before committing to anything further writing-wise. T_T Things don't look good there... keeping my fingers crossed for minimal damage.
Also, yes, I'm going to *try* and do the 12 Days of SaiMono as I mentioned in the saiunpornium community several weeks ago. *cracking knuckles* Get ready for it!
As for other writing updates, the HP Sev/Mione ("Joy in Small Places") is nearing completion. Yes, it has been on the writing block for over a year--I didn't want to start posting anything (new) that wasn't at least within spitting distance of finished--if not finished and just waiting for final edits. I'm trying to curb my bad habit of running off on tangents on new stories and forgetting about the old ones. (Since I am really, really bad for that.)
Also, for anyone who is interested in writing professionally, I recommend you follow writer Vicki Essex's twitter. (https://twitter.com/VickiEssex) She started off as a terrific fanfic writer before moving on to write professionally, and was/is a big name in the A:TLA (Avatar: The Last Airbender) fandom. (Perhaps you've read some of her work? Yeah -- that's her!) She posts a lot of FANTASTIC references and resources for writers and editors, along with publishing opportunities, calls for submissions, and writing career job openings/ opportunities. Keep an eye on her blog & Twitter for updates -- she's got her ear to the ground & loves to share! (Especially Renner gifs--she has a sizeable collection... many are animated...)
As for me, it has been a long day at work and I could use a glass of water before I hit the elliptical to burn off the End of Day Office Stress that has accumulated. ;)
Have a great weekend, all! Expect some (writing) updates starting next week as we countdown to the holidays. ^_^
PS: Tell me how you're doing, too! :)
I was a bit behind *coughcough* until yesterday, but am doing much better. How about you? Does anyone want to buddy-up on NaNoWriMo.org? (My username is 'beyondthemoor', like my LJ and Twitter usernames).
I am lucky that hubby was able to look after the kids for the day yesterday, and I escaped to Studio3 from 9:30am - 9pm. XD
10K words in 12 hours later, and I'm up to speed! (Yes, I do write at masochistic machine-like levels when it hits me.)
Anyone else want to join in on the daily check-ins on Twitter, or buddy-up on NaNo.org?